Project Anonia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Flag of Anonia?
where should we buy the land for this? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:36 pm by The Snypr

» Government
where should we buy the land for this? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:45 pm by Cillian

» where should we buy the land for this?
where should we buy the land for this? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:13 am by ASneakyYeti

» Internet money
where should we buy the land for this? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 10:00 pm by ASneakyYeti

» A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far, Far Away..
where should we buy the land for this? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:46 pm by ASneakyYeti

» List of nessecities
where should we buy the land for this? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:09 pm by ASneakyYeti

» +1000 internets to you!
where should we buy the land for this? EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 5:09 pm by Zungaron

» Anonia's Situation
where should we buy the land for this? EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 4:49 pm by **Admin

» Contest #1
where should we buy the land for this? EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 4:06 pm by **Admin

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 55 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:20 pm

where should we buy the land for this?

+5
8-Bit Ben
J
jsic
**Supply
danny20623
9 posters

Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty where should we buy the land for this?

Post by danny20623 Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:25 pm

give all your ideas of where we should buy land and put the price.

danny20623

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty Re: where should we buy the land for this?

Post by **Supply Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:28 pm

I know everyone disagreed on this, but honestly, Africa is a pretty nice place, considering the land would be cheap as shit.

**Supply
Admin

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty Re: where should we buy the land for this?

Post by jsic Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:30 pm

SeaLand

jsic

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty africa

Post by danny20623 Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Africa is a nice Idea now somebody find an actual plot of land that is big enough for good number of ppl to live comfortably and have business departments id say an average of 1-2 acres per person expected to be thier because that is taking into accound the space it takes for everyone to have a place to work and that

danny20623

Back to top Go down

Post by J Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:36 pm

jsic wrote:SeaLand

Sealand is not feasible for the reasons quoted here:

"Not feasible, economically at least. No self-production of food meaning we'd have to import everything. Eventually we'd run out of money. Agriculture would be absolutely necessary unless there was a lot of money coming in from somewhere."

Sealand is just an abandoned oil rig, no actual land which means we couldn't do anything but import. If this idea does get off the ground, Sealand shouldn't even be considered.

J

Back to top Go down

Post by **Supply Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 pm

danny20623 wrote:Africa is a nice Idea now somebody find an actual plot of land that is big enough for good number of ppl to live comfortably and have business departments id say an average of 1-2 acres per person expected to be thier because that is taking into accound the space it takes for everyone to have a place to work and that
I agree with this. And hopefully we could start expanding once we get our shit together.

**Supply
Admin

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty guys

Post by danny20623 Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:52 pm

we need to start a new thread on /b/ and keep this idea going this needs to be kept up

danny20623

Back to top Go down

Post by **Supply Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Do it, then. I'd do it but I'm busy completing the forum.

**Supply
Admin

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty ok start actually looking

Post by danny20623 Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:26 pm

im looking for an island or somewhere in africa that we can buy land in peoples help and post websites that u think can lead to something

danny20623

Back to top Go down

Post by 8-Bit Ben Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:33 pm

An island would be best.
Preferably not in or near Africa.

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/goat-cay-bahamas.htm
where should we buy the land for this? 4chan

8-Bit Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by **Supply Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:33 pm

8-Bit Ben wrote:An island would be best.

Thing is - farther away from africa, more it's going to start to cost.

**Supply
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 8-Bit Ben Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:38 pm

**Supply wrote:
8-Bit Ben wrote:An island would be best.

Thing is - farther away from africa, more it's going to start to cost.

True.
What would be a reasonable price?
And how much land are we looking for?

8-Bit Ben

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty reasonable price?

Post by danny20623 Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:43 pm

well thier was this one 30,000 acre island sleling for 10,000,000 we could do that island thats only freaking 333$ an acre! and if we can expand from thier we could just buy more land and make more expansion but africa would be better if we go to an exporting business when im saying is like a plot of land atleast 20,000 acres and no more than 500ish an acre or any reasonable amount

danny20623

Back to top Go down

Post by J Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:47 pm

I'd say 25 sq km would be best as an absolute minimum, 120 would be optimal. Enough for population growth and a significant amount of agriculture while leaving a large undeveloped for future use..

In Africa, this would be easier for cost, but agriculture may be more difficult. We'd really have to research what could be grown there.

J

Back to top Go down

Post by 8-Bit Ben Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:58 pm

Okay, so lets figure shit out.
>start looking around for reasonable priced/sized land
>post it here
>process of elimination
>set goal

Also, we need more fellow Anons in here.
Do we have any competition at this point?

8-Bit Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by jsic Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:02 am

Id go with the idea of buying that 10 mil island. Thats a lot more practical than Africa. People adopt starving african children for a reason. No food. Why? YOU CANT GROW SHIT IN AFRICA

jsic

Back to top Go down

Post by danny20623 Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:02 am

J wrote:I'd say 25 sq km would be best as an absolute minimum, 120 would be optimal. Enough for population growth and a significant amount of agriculture while leaving a large undeveloped for future use..

In Africa, this would be easier for cost, but agriculture may be more difficult. We'd really have to research what could be grown there.
i dont think 120km would be optimal id say 1,000 km this should be a country not a house property with alot of people living in it we need room for businesses and people to actually live thier

danny20623

Back to top Go down

Post by J Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:09 am

danny20623 wrote:
J wrote:I'd say 25 sq km would be best as an absolute minimum, 120 would be optimal. Enough for population growth and a significant amount of agriculture while leaving a large undeveloped for future use..

i dont think 120km would be optimal id say 1,000 km this should be a country not a house property with alot of people living in it we need room for businesses and people to actually live thier

I think you are underestimating the size of a square kilometre.. 1000 sq km would be huge! Look at this for a while.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microstate
San Marino, with a population of ~30,000 and a size of ~60 sq km has a population density of just 500/sq km; much lower than most suburban areas.

Yes, 120 sq km is small, but it would be much more affordable.

J

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty people starve to death in africa

Post by danny20623 Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:11 am

they starve because they cant buy food we will have an economy when this is started that is why we are going to take time to plan this all out

danny20623

Back to top Go down

Post by 8-Bit Ben Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:24 am

So, how about some links.
Lets get the ball rolling.

8-Bit Ben

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty damn it

Post by danny20623 Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:33 am

i lost the thread everyone look for it, its a 30,000 acre island for 10m

danny20623

Back to top Go down

Post by 8-Bit Ben Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:38 am

danny20623 wrote:i lost the thread everyone look for it, its a 30,000 acre island for 10m

I'm pretty sure it 404'd.

8-Bit Ben

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty not rly a thread

Post by danny20623 Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:40 am

it was an island website where they had tons of islands for sell but i lost the link

danny20623

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty Pacific Islands

Post by Infinity Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:44 am

Anyone ever look on Google Earth, and see seemingly deserted islands?

Islands in the pacific ocean, east of Papua New Guinea come to mind. Some of them may have people, others may be desolate. In any case, there aren't much powerful nations nearby. It would be easy to fish there, as there wouldn't much fishing going on hundreds of miles from large island populations. With fish being the main source of food, acquiring large of plots of land wouldn't be as vital, thus reducing one of the main startup costs.

where should we buy the land for this? Broger14
Eye alt 14.6km (above image)
where should we buy the land for this? Broger15
There's just one small village (Ahurei), a few coastal homes, and the rest (maybe 99%) of the land appears to be completely desolate, other than a few farm homes sprinkled across the Island.

Edit: Nevermind this island is part of French Polynesia, (belonging to France), but you get the idea. We should look for potential real estate, and post pics.

Last edited by Infinity on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:29 am; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Uploading an image)

Infinity

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty good start

Post by danny20623 Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 am

great idea but hwo would we find about purchasing the island and trasportation thier

danny20623

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty Sea men, stay off the poop deck

Post by Infinity Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:12 am

danny20623 wrote:great idea but hwo would we find about purchasing the island and trasportation thier
A sea voyage perhaps. We can literally piss in the ocean, while we piss in the 4chan ocean.

Edit: lol I couldn't find the price on google to purchase the whole island, so I asked on Y/A. Maybe someone else knows, or at least can can give a good estimate. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101222003838AAyaU9e

Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by **Admin Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:42 pm

8-Bit Ben wrote:Okay, so lets figure shit out.
>post it here
>process of elimination
>set goal

No, there's just us I think...
I think the http://www.privateislandsonline.com/goat-cay-bahamas.htm is a good location. Yes it's only 21 meters, but isn't the idea of Anonia not to have people living there, but to establish a nation and prove to the world the power that is legion? Well, one of the ideas of Anonia in any case.

**Admin
Admin

https://anonia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 8-Bit Ben Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:51 pm

**Admin wrote:
8-Bit Ben wrote:Okay, so lets figure shit out.
>post it here
>process of elimination
>set goal

No, there's just us I think...
I think the http://www.privateislandsonline.com/goat-cay-bahamas.htm is a good location. Yes it's only 21 meters, but isn't the idea of Anonia not to have people living there, but to establish a nation and prove to the world the power that is legion? Well, one of the ideas of Anonia in any case.

Exactly.
Not only that, but it has a nice shape.

8-Bit Ben

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty Islands

Post by Zungaron Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Islands may be the only politically unclaimed real estate available on the planet. However, we should realize that everything becomes more expensive on an island. Getting to and from it is more expensive than land locked locations. Transporting goods to and from it likewise.
Additional, and I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, defense is much more difficult on an island. If we have anything worth a shit, someone will want to take it from us. Especially if we're in a part of the world known for political unrest, illegitimate governments, and pirating.

Zungaron

Back to top Go down

Post by J Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Zungaron wrote:Islands may be the only politically unclaimed real estate available on the planet. However, we should realize that everything becomes more expensive on an island. Getting to and from it is more expensive than land locked locations. Transporting goods to and from it likewise.
Additional, and I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, defense is much more difficult on an island. If we have anything worth a shit, someone will want to take it from us. Especially if we're in a part of the world known for political unrest, illegitimate governments, and pirating.

This is where defence costs would come in, and that's where it's going to get expensive. Modern pirates are poorly equipped and don't have the numbers or ability to take on a force of similar or greater size. Two small boats with mounted machine guns would be more than enough for most small groups. For a large incursion though, you'd be looking at having a modern frigate; think $50 million. Even getting a retired older ship would be a huge expense, but would easily discourage any attempts at invasion from one not equally equipped. Of course, if a good relationship is in place with nearby countries they might be willing to assist, especially when you consider that anything we would lose to pirates or other groups could be used against those countries at a later date.

J

Back to top Go down

where should we buy the land for this? Empty Although Africa is cheap...

Post by ASneakyYeti Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:53 pm

Personally I think that an island near Africa is a bad idea. Overall, there are more bad things than good.

Good: closer to land, cheaper, possibly more resources than other islands

Bad: Pirates... there are constant civil wars and territory disputes, the general climate is not very desirable for much of anything.

I was thinking of a more tropical island with little land near it. ALSO there is the fact that natural disasters could demolish everything we have accomplished. Perhaps somewhere with very little to no hurricanes.. I was thinking near Australia or southern South America.

also I found this... seems like a decent place. http://www.privateislandsonline.com/island-for-sale-vanuatu.htm

2,300 acres for 1.5 mil in a nice environment. a little more pricey than the previously mentioned island of 30,000 acres for $300 per acre, this one is $652 per acre

ASneakyYeti

Back to top Go down

Post by **Admin Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:58 pm

ASneakyYeti wrote:Personally I think that an island near Africa is a bad idea. Overall, there are more bad things than good.

Good: closer to land, cheaper, possibly more resources than other islands

Bad: Pirates... there are constant civil wars and territory disputes, the general climate is not very desirable for much of anything.

I was thinking of a more tropical island with little land near it. ALSO there is the fact that natural disasters could demolish everything we have accomplished. Perhaps somewhere with very little to no hurricanes.. I was thinking near Australia or southern South America.

also I found this... seems like a decent place. http://www.privateislandsonline.com/island-for-sale-vanuatu.htm

2,300 acres for 1.5 mil in a nice environment. a little more pricey than the previously mentioned island of 30,000 acres for $300 per acre, this one is $652 per acre

I agree with you, 100%. That seems like a great location, but personally I think we should think about the location last, due to costs. I'm pretty sure none of us have 1.5 mil lying around :p

**Admin
Admin

https://anonia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zungaron Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Is there other places we could get started in first? There are landlocked, geographically limited places in Europe with no taxes and little government (Lichtenstein for one iirc). Hell, if we want an island, there are small island nation-states that would probably sell us land...and probably wouldn't even notice if we settled there. Once we're established there is even more pressure to sell it to us.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federated_States_of_Micronesia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Islands
Potential problems with US involvement if we're doing things the US doesn't sanction though. The US gives these places free military defense though.

Also worth noting; We don't need to necessarily buy a place. We just need to find somewhere unclaimed that fits our initial needs. Something else worth considering is the expandability of a location or area. If there are other islands near by to expand to, we can start small.

Zungaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ASneakyYeti Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:13 pm

Obviously we wouldnt be able to produce that kind of money spontaneously, as no one person would invest such a large amount into something. It would have to be a joint effort, and for that we would need more people.For example, using the 1.5 mil idea...

100k from 15 peeps
10k from 150 peeps
1k from 1,500 peeps
100 from 15,000 peeps

Im sure that once this gets off the ground, we will have no trouble finding support. However, those numbers are simply for the land itself, not any other fees that might come with it. As well as the basic necessities that come with living, building supplies, food, protection, and perhaps advertising. I think that we should think big, because this is a grand idea that will gain much enthusiasm from anyone dissatisfied with their government.

ASneakyYeti

Back to top Go down

Post by Zungaron Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:18 pm

Plumbing, don't forget plumbing. Waste disposal in general really. Not to mention electricity and power generation. Logistics can become a bureaucratic bitch, and are a bitch no matter what. Those key logistical items can be inter-related though. iirc, Indianapolis is one of the last steam towns in the US, which burn their garbage for power production. Biomass reactors would be even more efficient. Still, to keep it on topic, infrastructure needs to be part of location probably.

Zungaron

Back to top Go down

Post by 8-Bit Ben Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Still poking around http://www.privateislandsonline.com/ for suitable islands..
Any other sites I should be lurking?

8-Bit Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by ASneakyYeti Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 pm

No idea. Limiting ourselves to islands isnt the best idea though, maybe find some land in an area without conflicts (namely east africa). Perhaps in a climate suitable for food crops, or for exportable cash crops.

ASneakyYeti

Back to top Go down

Post by danny20623 Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:17 am

sorry but we need to round up support or else this will become nerds planning something that will never happen

danny20623

Back to top Go down

Post by 8-Bit Ben Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:30 pm

danny20623 wrote:sorry but we need to round up support or else this will become nerds planning something that will never happen

Yeah, I posted somewhere about possibly picking up some sponsors and such.
I know The Pirate Bay Tried this one time..

8-Bit Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by ASneakyYeti Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Now... how should we advertise this? /b/ will bring more trolls than support... should we try and find people who have tried this already? Or that want something similar ( dare i say... radical confederate supporters?).

ASneakyYeti

Back to top Go down

Post by ASneakyYeti Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:13 am

ASneakyYeti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum